Article: ‘Former 4minute’ Jun Jiyoon, “Forced to wear sunglasses even at night… I gave it all up”
Source: TV Report via Nate
“My agency always told me to wear sunglasses. As a woman, it made me upset. They even told me to wear it at night. I tripped a lot because of that. It made me upset to realize that that’s how people began to recognize me, only with sunglasses on. There were good things about it if I chose to think about it positively, like how I was able to sleep an hour more than the other members since I don’t have to put on eye make Up (laughter). However, as time passed, I reached a point where I needed to take them off for the sake of changing up my image. I then began focusing on my looks, which I hadn’t before.”
1. [+431, -20] I’m pretty sure I remember she had to wear those sunglasses because she got double eyelid surgery and her eyes were still swollen…
2. [+374, -21] Didn’t they make those sunglasses her concept because she got double eyelid surgery? ㅋㅋ and she took them off when the swelling went down.
3. [+250, -11] Her eyes looked even more awkward after she got double eyelid surgery so I remember she just kept wearing the sunglasses
4. [+35, -0] Nah, the sunglasses really were her concept. I remember she took them off and she didn’t have double eyelids. Her image was just better with them on. Then she got double eyelid surgery so people started assuming she got them done before when she was still wearing the sunglasses. She did wear them around again while waiting for the swelling to go down ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+30, -2] Well how do you think your agency felt being so desperate to make you wear sunglasses even at night so you’d be recognizable…
6. [+29, -5] I assumed she was super talented at first but upon closer inspection, she’s not that great at singing, rapping, or dancing. I also thought she was su~per pretty and the sunglasses was just a concept to surprise the public later with her pretty face but it wasn’t… I think she should be thankful to her CEO for even creating an image for her where she had none.
7. [+23, -3] I remember her nickname was Junglasses… she was the second most popular member after Hyuna because of those sunglasses. I would never shield Cube but this is something they made the right call on;;;
8. [+18, -4] I remember people teased her back then saying her only job was to wear sunglasses
9. [+13, -1] I noticed with both boy and girl groups, the rappers of the groups are always middle of the bunch when it comes to talent. Her, WG’s Yoobin… Park Jin Young really tried to hype Yoobin up for her rapping but she’s not all that special!
10. [+8, -1] I don’t think it was so malicious of Cube to make her wear sunglasses at night… probably just told her to wear them for night performances. Not like they forced her to wear them around the dorms… I get that she wants to diss her agency but she should do it with a story that’s more relatable…